Jonell Galloway and James Flewellen lead food and wine tasting holidays in historic Chartres.
Taste Unlocked: Food & Thought
France and Italy's relationship through time, wine & food
4 – 7 October 2018
Join award-winning wine writer, James Flewellen, and Cordon Bleu-educated cook and food journalist, Jonell Galloway, in a feast for all the senses. Through tutored wine tastings, sumptuous meals made from local ingredients, and intellectually stimulating discussions we explore the relationship between France and Italy - those titans of European culinary culture - from Roman times through to today.
Our food and wine tasting masterclasses are hosted in an 11th-century chapel in the historic French city of Chartres. All lunches, dinners and wine to accompany meals is provided, alongside expert tuition in food, wine and culinary history. There is also plenty of time to relax and enjoy this stunning medieval city. Just bring your taste buds and a willingness to learn!
- Course conducted in English
- All lunches, dinners and wine included
- We use only the highest quality, locally-sourced produce and ingredients
- Three interactive discussion sessions explore the culinary and vinous relationship between France and Italy through history
- Taste over 18 different wines from around Italy and France
- Learn the art of food and wine pairing
- Dine and learn in a 1,000 year old converted chapel
- Socialize with like-minded wine- and food-lovers
- Guided tour of the UNESCO-listed Chartres Cathedral included - a masterpiece of French Gothic art
- Early-bird price of €850 for bookings taken by 7th August 2018
See here for full details of our 2018 Food & Thought Masterclass.
James and Jonell are also available for bespoke tasting courses and events throughout the year for groups of 4 or more. Please contact us for more information.